How We Review & Rate Online Casinos
Before writing reviews of an online casino, some of us actually sign up and play there for real money. We then take the following criteria into consideration before rating and reviewing the online casino:
- Game Selection and Payout Percentage – We recommend only online casinos that offer more than 500 games. As far as game selection is concerned, there are two types of online casinos—single provider casinos and multi provider casinos. The single provider casinos offer games from only one provider. The multi provider casinos offer games from several providers. We also check the payout percentage of online casinos as we want our players to get value for their money. We want you to register at online casinos that help you to win. We also check if the online casino adds new games regularly to its portfolio as this keeps the gaming environment new and exciting.
- Software Providers – We have reviewed online casinos that offer games from several providers, including Microgaming, Quickfire, Playtech, PlayNGo, NetEnt, Betsoft, Real Time Gaming (RTG), and others. We give a high rating to online casinos that operate on browser-based software that are compatible with smartphones and tablets. Some of our top-rated online casinos also offer the download option although it is now a slightly outdated way to play.
- Deposits and Payouts – We suggest that you check for supported currencies and accepted payout methods before signing up. It is useless registering at an online casino that does not accept your preferred banking method or support your currency. We have taken care to recommend only multi-currency online casinos that offer a variety of local and international banking methods including credit/debit cards, prepaid options, bank transfer, wire transfer, electronic wallets, and even cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
- Licensing and Ownership – We give a high rating to licensed online casinos that belong to well-known companies. We also make sure that they maintain player funds separately from operational funds so that they are in a position to refund players in case they shut down in the future. We advise you to play only at online casinos licensed in reputed jurisdictions such as the UK, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, and others because their licensing body requires them to maintain the best industry standards when it comes to responsible gambling, safety, privacy, security, customer care, and fair gaming.
- Overall Reputation & Fair Gaming – Finally, we see what the online casino does to maintain a fair gambling environment. We check for audit reports and links to external, third-party auditors. We view payout percentage and RNG reports, if any. We also check for player experiences and reviews. We never recommend an online casino that has failed to make its players happy.