Gambling Market in Sweden on the Rise, Say the Latest Results

Gambling Market in Sweden on the Rise, Say the Latest Results

November 14, 2018
Staff Writer
143
Operators with Swedish permits ruled the market in the first three quarters of 2018.

Operators with Swedish permits ruled the market in the first three quarters of 2018.

The Swedish gambling watchdog Lotteriinspektionen recently announced the figures for the first three quarters of this year.

According to available information, the country’s gambling market generated €1.6 billion in gross gaming revenue during this period.

Numbers Are Improving

This result represents a humble increase of 1.2% when compared to the corresponding period of 2017.

The reports also revealed that operators with Swedish license had generated €1.18 billion during the same period, recording a 2.4% drop in their gross gaming revenue. Those operators without Swedish permits recorded a rise in revenue – 12.4% to nearly €433 million.

Operators with Swedish permits ruled the market in the first three quarters of 2018, with their share reaching 73%, while the remaining 27% was accounted for those without a permit. The data reveal online gambling has gone up by 12.9%, while land-based operations have seen a drop of 8.4%.

At the same time, both betting and online casino increased, by 13.6% and 11.9% respectively.

Online Gambling Going up

The state-owned company that operates in the regulated gambling market in Sweden, Svenska Spel, posted €622.7 million in gross gaming revenue, which represents a drop of 1.6%. And while land-based gambling saw a decline of 9.4%, online recorded a substantial growth of 22.5%.

ATG ended the period with a slight drop of 0.4% to €301.6 million. Its land-based gambling was also down by 10%, while online gambling increased by 6.7%.

Folkspel, together with Bingolotto and Sverigelotten took home €33.6 million in gross gaming revenue, 1.3% less than in the same period of 2017.

The Swedish Postcode Association announced its gross gaming revenue had reached €155.7 million, which represents a drop of 5.1%. At the same time, Miljonlotteriet took home €16.6 million – 24.8% less than last year.

SAP/SSU, along with Kombilotteriet, recorded gross gaming revenue of €13.9 million, down by 10.7%. Other lotteries generated a combined gross gaming revenue of €14.1 million, improving their last year’s results by 0.7%

Operators without Swedish permits saw their gross gaming revenue climb by 12.4% to €437.9 million.

ABOUT CASINOS ONLINE

logo2

The team behind CasinosOnline consists of casino experts united in their desire to spread knowledge to a wider audience. The aim is, and always has been, to help even the most inexperienced players gain their footing in this exciting industry.

The enthusiastic members dedicate time and energy to the creation of potent and insightful content. With years of experience in various fields of this industry, our expert authors know precisely what to look for while searching for casino quality.

LEAVE A COMMENT

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Best Online Casino By Country

Although most casinos online are inherently international, some of them specialize for certain markets. If you’re looking for the best casino for your country or area, you’ll find it on this page. The CasinosOnline team reviews online casinos based on their target markets so players can easily find what they need.