Do you know what our passion is? We love bringing state-of-the-art slot reviews to your doorstep. And our second-favorite thing to do is talk to industry leaders. Then, we pack up that chat into an exclusive iGaming interview – just for you.
CasinosOnline makes it easy for players to know who they are playing with, and who to trust.
This week, we’re talking to Aurum Signature Studios, who specialize in bespoke exclusive games content, producing games since 2019. Learn more about upcoming slots, and more from the Aurum Head of Studio, Madeleine Ozok.
- Hello Madelein, and welcome to our thrilling hub of gambling-related information here at CasinosOnline.com! We’re delighted to be talking to you. Could you start by telling us a few facts about yourself?
Thank you for the opportunity to talk about my studio and team! I’ve been in the casino business for over 23 years now and absolutely love the excitement and innovation of the industry. I am one of the lucky people in the world who can combine my numbers mind with my creative spirit, surround myself with very talented people making slot games, and call it my job!
- What is Aurum Signature Studios’ chief mission? What is it that you’re bringing to the table?
Our logo has a snowflake representing our belief that every person and every business is unique. Therefore, our mission is to make all customers their own bespoke game, unique to them, with their very own signature. Aurum is Latin for gold, which speaks to our pride in quality – quality games, quality relationships, and a quality team culture.
- Since 2019, when you inked a deal with Microgaming, you have launched quite a few games. How do you decide on themes you choose for your online slots?
Making bespoke games is a collaboration between the customer and the studio, and thus themes are often inspired by the customer. We provide advice using data from the industry’s best performing games, and they provide end user insights.
- What is your personal favorite from the Aurum portfolio, and why?
That is like asking who my favorite child is – no such thing! I love all 40+ games we have produced in the studio. Each one is vibrant, fun, and exciting to play. I do know “A Tale of Elves” has stolen many hearts, those characters are pretty cute.
- Would you mind describing what the slot-making process looks like at Aurum Signature Studios?
It’s hugely driven by the relationship and collaboration with the customer; understanding their needs and wants for a bespoke game. Constant feedback and discussions take place throughout the whole process. It starts with the customer deciding on a math model and features they want in the game, then the theme is decided, our artists illustrate and animate, and then we share for approval. We compose audio relevant to the theme and once approvals are done, our development team build the game and gets it ready for testing and certification. At this time, we compile marketing materials, and the customer plans the game launch date and promotion.
- Let’s talk about specific games. Your first two breakthrough releases were branded slots – deadmau5 and Burlesque by Dita. Has the player feedback been satisfactory?
Actually our first two breakthrough global games were Christmas themed games! Festive Indulgence in 2019 and A Tale of Elves in 2020.
- You’ve also set in motion quite a few Mega Moolah variations – Jungle, Joker, and Mega Moolah The Witch’s Moon. Which one would you single out and why?
The artwork in Jungle Mega Moolah (Kindred bespoke) is absolutely beautiful, Joker Mega Moolah (Betsson bespoke) features the well-known Betsson Joker and classic symbols, but we also did some updates on the features of the Mega Moolah engine to enhance the player experience.
- What other releases could we expect from Aurum in 2022?
We have 18 – 20 games planned for 2022, with bespoke titles coming for a range of operators. We also have some global releases planned such as Wild Wild Romance, Gold Factory Jackpots Mega Moolah and a Christmas themed game with an interesting spin.
- Before you go, is there anything else that you would like to share with our readers?
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough” – a motto that has carried our studio through very scary times in the past three years. I hope it inspires others! We have some exciting times ahead and would love you to follow our progress.
LEAVE A COMMENT