New game alert! Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for a brand-new candy adventure with Lucksome’s Bon Bomb Bonanza. If you are a fan of Bon Bomb Luxpots – which we already had the pleasure to meet in December thanks to Bryan Upton, Lucksome’s Founder – you are going to love the new Bon Bomb Bonanza Hyperboom.
Johan John, Lucksome’s Senior Product Manager, sat down with us and chatted about the upcoming release, and other interesting releases that this company had in the last few months. Enjoy!
- Hello Johan and welcome to CasinosOnline! Please tell us a little about you and what you do at Lucksome.
Hello! First of all, thank you for this wonderful opportunity to speak slots and Lucksome with you guys. I’m Johan John, Senior Product Manager at Lucksome. I started making games professionally about 12 years ago as a programmer. Since then, I’ve handled design, production, product management and game mathematics, all of which comes very handy in my day-to-day at Lucksome. I primarily handle Game Design, Math and Production at Lucksome.
- What’s new with the Lucksome team? How have things changed since Saint Nicked?
Things have been busier than ever at Lucksome. Saint Nicked was a major hit with the players and that means our players will have much higher expectations of us than ever before. We have been working tirelessly with a commitment to our players to deliver top notch experiences. Since Saint Nicked, we’ve launched Treasures of the Dead, which was also well received.
- How was the year 2022 for you and the Lucksome team? Can you highlight any releases or experiences that you treasure or that you have learned from?
2022 was a year of growth for us. We managed to consistently grow our player base and saw more players returning to play our games. Two of our best releases were in 2022 which were Saint Nicked and Bon Bomb Luxpots. The performance of Bon Bomb Luxpots, which is still a popular title amongst our players, proved to us that there is still an appetite for candy themed slot games. We wanted to pair this beloved theme with a powerful mechanic. Our recent title Treasures of the Dead had our new Hyperlines mechanic which the players loved, and we wanted to carry the excitement of growing multipliers into Bon Bomb Bonanza, giving birth to Hyperboom, growing multipliers on a Scatter pay game.
- Now for the main event, can you please give us an introduction to the upcoming Bon Bomb Bonanza Hyperboom slot?
Bon Bomb Bonanza is a 6×5 scatter pay game for 8+ symbols anywhere on the reels. We’re introducing a new and unique mechanic in this game, Hyperboom. The Hyperboom meter collects the winning symbols from win streaks to grow the Hyperboom multiplier. The meter resets if you have a spin without a win. The multipliers are un-capped and applied to all wins from the spin when activated, the best thing; the multiplier only resets when it is applied to a win, otherwise it can keep growing! In Free Games, multiplier progress and the multiplier are not reset during the entire session, so the multipliers can hit huge levels.
- We love unique visual aesthetics and extra features here at CasinosOnline, can you reveal any elements that make Bon Bomb Bonanza Hyperboom special? They can be mechanical or purely visual/audio.
One of our popular features on Bon Bomb Luxpots was our DoubleLux bonus buy. We’ve kept the feature in Bon Bomb Bonanza as well but halved the cost! Players can buy the free games for 150x the bet and get a free retrigger if their win is 30x or below the base bet. Even better, they get to KEEP their winnings AND the current Hyperboom multiplier into the retrigger round which can lead to some juicy wins.
- How is Bon Bomb Bonanza Hyperboom related to your previous title Bon Bomb Luxpots Megaways? Are there any similarities? Could we call it a sequel?
There are several similarities between the two. Other than the obvious theme and the DoubleLux Bonus Buy mentioned before, both games are all about the sweet candy bomb action. In Bon Bomb Bonanza Candy bombs deliver the Hyperboom multiplier in the game and multiplies all wins from the spin with a scatter pay grid, but Bon Bomb Luxpots has the prize ladder the more bombs you get the more you climb the ladder, with a Megaways slot format. The difference in the way both games feel is quite substantial.
- Will Bon Bomb by any chance become a series you plan to expand on in the future?
At Lucksome we never say never 😊. If players connect with Bon Bomb Bonanza the same way they did with Bon Bomb Luxpots, I would say there is scope for more Bon Bomb games in the future. Plus, we all have a sweet tooth in the studio here!
- Speaking of the future, can you tell us what Lucksome has in store for 2023? Are you able to give us any hints or teasers about upcoming projects?
One of the positive feedback items we have received about our games is the variety we offer. We plan to further diversify our portfolio with some incredible themes, mechanics and features. Although I cannot give too much away, rest assured we have something for everyone on this year’s roadmap. Our next big release will be 6 in the Chamber, which is a super high volatility, Cyberpunk Western Bounty Hunter theme with up to 100,000x bet max win. That one will be awesome to see.
- Thank you for the opportunity to talk about Bon Bomb Bonanza Hyperboom Johan. We’re out of questions but is there anything you would like to mention or add before we wrap up?
Thanks for the opportunity to introduce Bon Bomb Bonanza to your readers. We hope the players enjoy playing it as much as we did making it. The key to making better games is listening to your players. Any feedback your readers have on our games is always welcome.